This meal is a great way to kick-start your morning!
Inspired by a dish called Dali's Skillet from the restaurant Eggstasy---The spiciness from the jalapeno paired with spiced chorizo, homemade salsa and cripsy hashbrown is a definite winner!
Serves 2 Hungry Piggies
- 1 package of fresh chorizo; You can find this in the meat department (do not get the one from the brand Cacique)
- 1/2 of medium sweet onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, diagonally sliced (you can used canned peppers if desired)
- Bell pepper, diced (optional)
- Pepper jack cheese, grated (or you can use any kind of cheese you desire)
- 1 box of Golden Grill Russet Premium hashbrown (I got this from Costco)
- 4 eggs
- Black pepper
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Homemade salsa
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4-1/2 cup of sweet onion,roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 cup of cilantro, roughly chopped (add more to taste)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp of dried italian seasoning or oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender. Pulse until you reach the desired consistency.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Follow the directions on the box for the hashbrowns. Cook the hashbrown on a griddle or pan until it is golden and cripsy.
- In a pan, heat up with 1 tbsp of oil. Add chorizo and sauté until cooked. This will take around 10 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo from the pan. Add onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add bell pepper and jalapenos. Saute for another 1-2 minute.
- Add the chorizo back into the pan. Saute for 5 minutes and add black pepper to taste.
- Cook eggs to your liking (I cooked mine sunny side)
- Remove the chorizo filling into a bowl. Add hashbrown into the pan or oven safe serving bowl and spread it out . This is served as the bottom layer.
- Spread the chorizo filling on top of the hashbrown. Add the eggs and top it off with the cheese.
- Turn the oven broiler to high and place oven safe pan or bowl under broiler. Once the cheese has melted, take it out and top it off with some finely chopped cilantro!
- Serve it with the homemade salsa and ENJOY!