Crab rangoons are one of my favorite appetizers ever. I grew up eating these at my aunt's restaurant. This is my family's version of the classic crab rangoon. There are unique variations of this dish all over the web but I prefer my family's version as it is simple and delectable!
8 oz (226g) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3.5 imitation crab stick (60g), chopped to small pieces
3 stalk of green onion (30g), thinly sliced
1/2 tsp chicken powder
Wonton wrappers, thawed
- Place the softened cream cheese in a medium size bowl.
- Add the chopped imitation crab meat and thinly sliced green onion into the bowl.
- Season with 1/2 tsp of chicken powder and 1/8 tsp of kosher salt. Mix well until combined.
- Place around a 1/2 tablespoon of filling in the middle of the wonton wrapper.
- Scrunch up the top of the wrapper with your thumb and fingers. Press down and gently seal. Be sure not to use too much force or else the wrapper will rip.*
- Heat a pot of oil until the temperature reaches to 325 F. Deep fry the crab rangoons until golden brown (around 3-4 minutes).
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or sweet chili sauce! Enjoy!
*You can substitute the imitation crab stick for real crab meat to make it a true crab rangoon! It will be equally as tasty.
*There are different ways to wrap your crab rangoons. Click link https://souperdiaries.com/how-to-wrap-wonton/ for other wrapping styles.