The creaminess from the brie cheese, the freshness and acidity from the tomatoes, topped on toasted French baguette; this appetizer is definitely a crowd pleaser!
This recipe is inspired by the restaurant I went to called Pastiche Modern Eatery. I tried their "Brie-schetta" and let me tell you, I was blown away by how perfect the combination of brie cheese and tomato topping was. Bruschetta is an appetizer I make very often, so I decided to use my recipe in addition to the brie cheese. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 1/2 cup (225 g) grape tomatoes (around 28), halved OR 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 large basil leaves, chiffonade
- 3 medium size garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (30 mL) tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, add more if needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 demi loaf of French baguette
- Reduced or full fat brie cheese
- Slice tomatoes in half. Toss with extra virgin oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and basil. Set in fridge for 30 min to 1 hr to let the flavors develop.
- Cut the brie cheese and baguette into slices. Place the cheese on top of the baguette and bake in oven until cheese is melted.
- Put the tomato topping on top and serve!